IMPORTANT UPDATE AND NEWS: PCP's charitable status and DGR status.
We are pleased to share that the Perth Centre for Photography (PCP) was recently granted charitable organisation status by the ACNC under the charity subtype, 'Advancing Culture '14’.
Advancing culture includes (and is not limited to) the purposes of promoting or fostering culture, and caring for, preserving and protecting Australian heritage.
This means PCP is one step closer to attaining Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR) status. The benefits of DGR status are as follows,
- - Organisations or agencies who are endorsed (approved) by the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) or named in tax law as ‘deductible gift recipients’ (DGRs) may receive tax deductible gifts such as financial donations. Also, some donor organisations and grant makers can only fund DGRs.
- - People who make gifts or donations to a DGR organisation are able to ‘deduct’ those gifts for their own income tax purposes (that is, the donor can claim the donation as a deduction when filing their personal income tax return), and
- - The organisation can receive funds from certain grant makers and philanthropic bodies, which are only able to give money to organisations that have DGR status.
- DGR organisations may also be part of the Cultural Gifts Program which encourages gifts of culturally significant items to public art galleries, museums and libraries by offering donors a tax deduction for the market value of the gift. Property donated under the program is exempt from capital gains tax (CGT) and the tax deduction may be spread over a period of up to five years.
The Australian Taxation Office have indicated that in order to fulfil DGR requirements we must once again update our constitution with a new ‘Responsible Persons’ clause.
To fulfil PCP’s constitutional requirements we must call for a special general meeting to bring the proposed clause updates to members for approval.
See new proposed new constitution below.
- An updated version of the Constitution with the clauses 5(N) & 5(0) inserted (no other changes to Constitution)
NOTICE OF SPECIAL GENERAL MEETING
DATE: Friday 21 April
TIME: 5pm (5.15pm start)
LOCATION: Perth Centre for Photography
18 Colin Street, West Perth, WA 6005
UNABLE TO ATTEND? Please click here to complete a PROXY by 4pm Friday 21 April.
5.20pm Motion to approve the proposed amendment to Clause 5 (N) & 5 (0) in the PCP Constitution.
5.30pm Close / refreshments
Please note that you must be a current PCP MEMBER to vote. If you are unsure of your membership status please contact Membership Coordinator or become a member today.
We thank you for your participation towards this important next step for our photography organisation!